There is a growing number of datasets, data sources, and tools for working with them. While they vary significantly with respect to quality, focus, and support they provide an initial foundation for the next generation of community studies.
Datasets and Data Sources
- StackExchange Dataset – This dataset represents the various questions and answers
- ICWSM 2011 Data Challenge & Datasets – http://www.icwsm.org/2011/challenge.php
- ICWSM 2012 Data Challenge & Datasets – http://www.icwsm.org/2012/submitting/datasets/
- ICWSM Dataset Sharing Service – http://icwsm.cs.mcgill.ca/
- The Glitch Dataset (a virtual world/virtual economy dataset) – Dataset and Documentation
- https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Data – a single page introduction to Wikimedia-related data sources. Its intended to inform researchers abou the variety of Wikimedia data available.
- http://datahub.io/group/wikimedia – a DataHub group focused on Wikimedia-related data resources
Social Network Datasets
If you have other suggestions of resources that we should include here, let me know (Brian Butler, firstname.lastname@example.org).