The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) invites applications for multiple positions at the postdoctoral level, for two multi-year projects on the cybersecurity of critical cyber-physical infrastructures with emphases on urban transportation systems and smart power grids.
Candidates should have a PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related areas, and a track record of publications in high-quality journals and/or conferences. Good written/oral communication skills in English, and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team, are required. Skills and experience in both analytical and empirical research are highly desirable. Areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
1) Cyber-physical systems
2) Computer and network security
3) Control theory and systems (industrial control systems and SCADA systems)
4) Data mining
Advantages of these positions include:
1) Stable funding: 4-year funding from The National Research Foundation of Singapore, subject to satisfactory performance.
2) Potential collaboration with UIUC Advanced Digital Sciences Center (https://adsc.illinois.edu/) and MIT through the SUTD-MIT program (https://www.sutd.edu.sg/mit_
sutd_pdp.aspx); possible conversion to other opportunities, such as the Temasek Fellowship (https://www.sutd.edu.sg/trf. aspx).
3) Internationally competitive remuneration.
4) High-quality living and low tax rates in Singapore.
The positions are available immediately and will remain open until filled. If interested, please submit your CV, a research statement, and the names of two references to TL-CISDeM@sutd.edu.sg.
SUTD is established in collaboration with MIT to advance knowledge and nurture technically grounded leaders and innovators to serve societal needs. This will be accomplished, with a focus on Design, through an integrated multi-disciplinary curriculum and multi-disciplinary research. More information about SUTD: https://www.sutd.edu.sg