208 Barton Springs, Austin, TX 78704
August 6-8, 2014
The Fifth Annual International Science of Team Science (SciTS) Conference (this year co-located with Annual VIVO Conference) will be held August 6-8, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency on the shores of Lady Bird Lake situated in the heart of downtown Austin, Texas.
The SciTS Conference (http://www.
Call for Abstract Submissions
Abstracts may be submitted as an Oral Presentation (Paper, Panel, or Lightning Round) or Poster Presentation. Information regarding submission procedures, along with the link to an online abstract submission portal will be available in January, 2014.
Individual oral papers provide authors the opportunity to present original work related to conference topics
- Oral papers will have 15-minute presentation time slots and be clustered into paper sessions by the program committee around a common theme
- Paper sessions will have multiple individual presentations followed by a time for an in-depth discussion to promote thematic dialogue amongst presenters and conference attendees
Panel presentations provide authors the option of organizing three related papers together in a thematic session
- Panels will be 60 – 90 minutes including time for the presentations and discussion
- A panel submission must include an abstract summarizing the overall theme of the panel, as well as individual abstracts for each of the papers to be presented within the panel session
Lightning Round Presentations
Lightning round sessions provide authors an opportunity to share their work through a brief oral presentation.
- Presentations are limited to 10 minutes and followed by a five-minute Q&A period
- During submission, an option is provided to indicate willingness to be considered for a Lightning Round presentation
- The Program Committee will make final selections of submissions to be included in the Lightning Round
Research Poster Presentations
Several extended Research Poster Sessions provides an interactive forum for authors to discuss their research
- Presenters will be assigned a location to put up each poster, and posters will be organized by topic
- Poster boards and push pins will be supplied, and posters should be attached to the boards for display
- Presenters are encouraged to bring 1 page double-sided handouts of their poster presentations
Visit the website at www.scienceofteamscience.org for updated information, and watch your email for more details.