We are looking for leaders in the social sector who have demonstrated professional experience improving lives in low-income communities.
The IDEO.org Fellowship Program enables future global leaders from the business and social sectors to spend a year working full-time with experienced designers on social impact challenges in the United States and around the world. Fellows will create solutions for nonprofits, social enterprises, and foundations on an array of topics, like agriculture, water and sanitation, health, financial inclusion, unemployment, and more. Collaborating in small multidisciplinary teams, Fellows learn, grow, and innovate to make the world a better place. If you’re ready to join a team that’s passionate about ending poverty and have the experience and skillset to make it a reality, this is exactly what you’ve been looking for…
- Tackle poverty-related challenges and see real impact from your work.
- Gain expertise in human-centered design and work with world-class designers.
- Travel the world while connecting and designing with individuals and communities firsthand.
- You have applied your skills to real-world problems. You are grounded in insights about challenges communities face and have worked on the ground with a nonprofit or social enterprise.
- You are able to demonstrate key components of the design process and you can easily switch from macro to micro thinking
- You are an excellent communicator with great instincts about how to synthesize and tell a captivating story, build a deep rapport, and give honest feedback.
- You are used to working across industries and disciplines and comfortable embedded in multidisciplinary teams.
- Minimum of five years of professional full-time work experience; or, an advanced academic or professional degree related to business, public policy, international development, economics, finance, or a related field, plus three years of work experience.
- English fluency (written and spoken). Additional language capabilities are preferred.
- Ability to work from September of 2014 – October 2015 in San Francisco (IDEO.org can help support visa applications).
- Think you’re the perfect candidate? Find out What it Takes to be an IDEO.org Fellow.
- Frequent travel, getting your hands dirty, and changing the world are required.