Aug 26, 2014 – Aug 29, 2014, Regensburg, Germany
Submission Deadline: Apr 9, 2014
The Information Interaction in Context symposium (IIiX) is a unique forum exploring the relationships between and within the contexts that affect information retrieval (IR) and information seeking, how these contexts impact information behavior, and how knowledge of information contexts and behaviors improves the design of interactive information systems.
The intention of IIiX is to foster an integrated approach to information access by bringing together members of the diverse research communities in information seeking behavior (Behavior Track), user interface design for IR systems (Interface Track), and IR system design (System Track).
This year we are putting particular emphasis on “building bridges” between the various research communities with specific activities being planned to encourage improved understanding of differing viewpoints and foster collaboration
- General Chairs: David Elsweiler and Bernd Ludwig (University of Regensburg, Germany)
- Programme Chairs: Leif Azzopardi (University of Glasgow, UK) and Max L. Wilson (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Area chairsChair of the local organizaton commitee: Markus Kattenbeck (University of Regensburg, Germany)
- Systems chair: Tetsuya Sakai (Microsoft Research, Asia)
- Interfaces chair: Gene Golovchinsky (FXPal, USA)
- Behaviours chair: Peiling Wang (Tennessee-Knoxville, USA)
- Proceedings and Submissions Chair, Webmaster: Morgan Harvey (University of Lugano, Switzerland)
- Doctoral Consortium Chairs: Ian Ruthven (Strathclyde, UK) and David Losada (Santiago de Compostela, Spain)
Important Dates (dd/mm/yy)
Full Papers Due: 09/04/14
Short Papers/Posters Due: 23/04/14