Call for Papers
Dec 12, 2013 – Dec 13, 2013, Bayonne, France
Submission Deadline: Jun 30, 2013
Notification Due: Aug 24, 2013
The Semantic and Social Media Adaptation and Personalization (SMAP) workshop is the evolution of the Semantic Media Adaptation and Personalization initiative, which was founded during the summer of 2006 in an effort to discuss the state of the art, recent advances and future perspectives for semantic media adaptation and personalization. As the social web is a new trend becoming more and more important, the scope of the workshop is now extended to social aspects, seeking to bring together researchers from the social web and from the semantic web communities, under the umbrella of the media adaptation and personalization domain.
After seven successful workshops (in Athens, London, Prague, San Sebastian, Limassol, Vigo and Luxembourg), the SMAP conference series has consolidated as a reference event in order to discuss about the newest advances in the field. The 8th SMAP workshop will be held in Bayonne, France. The workshop is technically co-sponsored by the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) and the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society (SMCS). The proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society’s Conference Publishing Services (CPS).
*Aim and topics*
SMAP covers different issues of semantic technologies and social semantic technologies in their use for content creation, media adaptation and filtering, and user profiling.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
– Content creation, annotation and modelling for semantic and social web.
– Computational intelligence for media adaptation and personalization
– Semantics-driven indexing and retrieval of multimedia contents.
– User modelling and dynamic profiling.
– Ontologies and reasoning.
– Semantics-based recommender systems: theory and applications.
– Web adaptation methods and techniques.
– Content customization and adaptation.
– Semantic context modelling and extraction.
– Context-aware multimedia applications.
– Adaptive and personalized multimedia summaries
– Multilingual content navigation.
– Social multimedia tagging and multimedia content communities.
– Intelligent personalized interfaces.
– Multimedia standards.
– Hybrid social and semantic approaches to profiling, recommendation engines or adaptation systems.
– Social multimedia applications (livecasting, audio-video sharing).
– User-generated content mechanisms.
– Adaptive / Personalized conversational media.
– Social and semantic media collaboration platforms (e.g. semantic wikis).
– Social web economics and business.
– Social network aggregation.
– Privacy/Security issues in Social and Personalized Media Applications
The 1-track, 2-day conference aims to provide a platform for exchanging fresh ideas and expertise, and for obtaining feedback on ongoing research.
The paper submission deadline is 30/06/2013. Details about the SMAP 2013 submission guidelines are available on the website (http://www.smap2013.org).